“If you want to be a Badger, just come along with me…” We sing these words in our beloved UW fight song, but you can put this sentiment into action by investing in financial aid resources. Donations from alumni and friends support bright and talented students who have been accepted to the university but may not have the financial resources to enroll. Your generosity helps UW-Madison stay true to its mission of increasing accessibility and diversity across campus. Furthermore, these gifts provide resources to expand prominent programs like Bucky’s Tuition Promise, which have become a critical gateway for our talented students.
There are many ways to give back and support students. For instance:
- Give to the Great People Scholarship, which provides financial aid to low-income students
- Give to the Emergency Student Support Fund, which helps students experiencing financial crisis
- Create your own, named scholarship which allows you to set additional criteria and learn about the student recipient of your gifts.
- Note, the minimum for endowed scholarships will increase in January 2023; please contact us if you’d like to explore creating a new scholarship in advance.
No matter where you direct your support, there are several gift vehicles to consider.
Often, gifts are made to the university via credit card payments or mailed checks. There are many other gift vehicle options, however, that may be financially advantageous depending on your situation. Take a moment to explore these options and their benefits:
- Giving from your IRA
- Gifts of stock
- Leaving a gift in your will
- Leveraging a matching gift from your employer
- And others
If you have questions about how to make a gift, where to direct your support, or how to create your own scholarship, we invite you to contact Shannon Ghere who is happy to assist you with your questions:
Managing Director, Scholarships and Student Support
UW’s financial aid scholarships are changing lives and we are grateful to have you among the group of supporters who is helping us invest in the next generation of Badgers. We’re happy to be a resource as you explore options and make decisions about how you’d like to make an impact. Thank you!