What will it cost?
Your cost of attendance (COA) is an ESTIMATE of what it will cost you to cover the expenses of attending UW-Madison. Your COA includes more than just tuition and fees - click below to learn what's included or try our Net Price Calculator.
How to apply?
Learn how to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), apply for scholarships using the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH), and more.
Connect with Us!
The whole team at OSFA is here to help you navigate the financial aid process to get the most out of your experience at UW-Madison. Reach out and let us know what we can do for you!
Office Hours & Events
- March 30Financial Aid Drop-In Advising for Study Abroad Drop-in Advising Sessions12:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 4Financial Aid Drop-In Advising for Study Abroad Drop-in Advising Sessions12:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 6FASTrack & BANNER Monthly WorkshopCollege Budgeting & Money Management11:45 AM, Pres House, 731 State St, Madison, WI 53703
- April 6Funding Study AbroadInfo Session2:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 10Trivia Night @ the Sett - Student Employment WeekNational Student Employment Week 20237:00 PM, The Sett, Union South
UW–Madison introduces pathway to debt-free education for Pell-eligible state students
The University of Wisconsin–Madison has long been committed to ensuring that an education at the state’s flagship public institution is affordable and accessible for Wisconsin residents. Today, Chancellor Jennifer Mnookin announces a significant strengthening of …
FAFSA Frenzy 2022
Fridays are for FAFSA & Financial Aid help! October 1st is a big day at the Office of Student Financial Aid each year – it’s the day the FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) …
The Biden-Harris Student Debt Relief Plan
Official Announcement – https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief-announcement/ A Plan in 3 Parts: Part 1 – Final extension of the student loan repayment pause The repayment pause is automatically continued until December 31, 2022. Repayment restarts in January 2023. …
A Gateway to Higher Education
Four years ago, UW–Madison announced a free-tuition initiative so straightforward that it required just two things for students to qualify: live in Wisconsin and come from a household in the state’s lower half for income. …
- More News posts