While you’re here at the Memorial Union…
During our Scoop on Us event, join the fun and look for the following things at Memorial Union. Take a photo, upload it to your social media and tag @uwmad_finaid #ScoopOnUsMUFinds
- Sit on an extra large terrace chair
- Pose with Bucky
- Find a mural
- Locate Wheelhouse Studios
Tips/conversation starters for meeting new people on campus...
Student to Student
- What are you most excited about as you start college?
- What is your major or interested major if undecided?
- What student orgs/activities do you plan to join?
- Do you have any pets?
- What kind of music or movies do you like?
- What’s good on Netflix, Hulu, HBO MAX?
- What did you do this summer?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
Student to Staff
- How did you decide you wanted the position you have?
- What was your major?
- What were your college extracurriculars?
- Did you have any specific internships or volunteer opportunities you enjoyed most/recommend?
- What’s one thing you wish you knew before starting college?
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What is a Refund?
After your tuition, fees, and on-campus housing charges are paid in full, any remaining financial aid will be refunded to you for use on other expenses, like off-campus housing or books.
How do I sign up for an eRefund?
In your MyUW Student Center → Financial Account → eRefund Management
What to do with my refund?
- (If living in an apartment) Pay your rent for the next 6 months
- Purchase all books and supplies
- Create a monthly budget
How to find a Job?
UW Campus jobs are going to be more convenient for you due to scheduling purposes. You can also find jobs outside UW-Madison that are still in proximity to campus. There are many stores and restaurants near campus that hire college students. You’ll be able to use this site to browse UW-Madison Student Jobs or Local Student Jobs. Positions are posted throughout the year and updated daily, so be sure to check frequently.
Starfish is a UW-Madison tool to connect to advisors, faculty, and student support professionals. With Starfish, you can build a personalized network of helpful people and resources with your My Success Network. You can learn to access starfish here. This is one of the best ways for you to connect with a financial advisor or you can call our office at (608) 262-3060.