Now Hiring! AmeriCorps VISTA Financial Aid Program Development
Sponsoring Organization: Serve Wisconsin – Wisconsin National and Community Service
Project Overview: The Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is committed to providing resources and support for students across the state to understand and more easily navigate the college financial aid process. The VISTA member will contribute to this goal by focusing on increasing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) filing rates of low-income high school students and families. The FAFSA is the first step in accessing financial aid, making higher education more financially attainable for low-income families.
- Build partnerships with high FAFSA potential high schools and community-based organizations to increase FAFSA filing support
- Create infrastructure to connect UW-Madison Alumni with FAFSA filing volunteer opportunities
- Create comprehensive FAFSA filing training for volunteers
Dates of Service: 40 hours/week; August 30, 2021- August 29th, 2022
Location: Madison, WI
Serve Wisconsin VISTA Member Benefits & Conditions:
- Members live in the community they are serving
- Living allowance
- Housing stipend
- End of Service award
- Health coverage
- Relocation Assistance (if eligible)
- Student Loan Deferment/Forbearance
- Childcare Benefits (if eligible)
- Time Off
Deadline to Apply – August 3, 2021
AmeriCorps VISTA overview: Since 1965, over 220,000 AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program have joined the fight against poverty by helping local organizations expand their capacity to make change. The VISTA program serves in each of the 50 U.S. states and in all U.S. territories.
Through capacity building activities such as fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program serve in an office setting and gain experience and leadership skills. This opportunity prepares members for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
Learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA online: https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista